A bridge may be used to replace missing teeth, help maintain the shape of your face, and alleviate stress in your bite.
A dental bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth. Dental bridges literally bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap. These two or more anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth and a false tooth/teeth in between. Your bridge can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials and is bonded onto surrounding teeth for support.
Dental Brides in Manassas Park, VA
The success of any bridge depends on its foundation — the other teeth, gums, or bone to which it is attached. Therefore, it’s very important to keep your existing teeth, gums, and jaw healthy and strong.
- What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges? Bridges can:
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
Contact Railroad Dental Associates in Manassas Park, Virginia to learn more about our Dental Bridge solutions.